This spacious Tudor-style home was solidly built in 1938, with an emphasis on classic craftsmanship, simple elegance, and comfortable traditional styling. The interior design has many elements of the Craftsman style, with the elegant stairway featured predominately in the entrance vestibule. There are many large windows, nooks, crannies, arches, and unique touches such as the two entry closets on either side of the front door and a two story laundry chute! Two of the bedrooms face fabulous bay views. The front bedroom has a lovely view of the east bay hills.
• Beautifully appointed step down living room with handsome fireplace, crown molding and custom wood windows
• Exceptional peg and plank oak floors
• Elegant light-filled formal dining room
• Three large bedrooms, including a master that spans the length of the home from front to back
• Vintage kitchen with plenty of cabinets with views to the back gardens and bay
• Quaint breakfast nook with period built-in cabinets
• Huge upstairs bath with lovely period tile work and separate shower stall and bathtub
• Spacious garden level room with fireplace & interior and exterior access, perfect as an office or family room.
• Large two-car garage with interior access plus separate storage room with entrance from the side yard
• Laundry room with sink and old-fashioned laundry chute
• Large, verdant lot with many fragrant flowering plants including a lilac bush, forsythia, camellias, a lemon and an orange tree.
• Sunny, private, fenced backyard has rich plantings, walkways, and a patio with views to the bay.
This very special home has been owned, loved and maintained by the Bryndza family for over 50 years.
Offered at $795,000.
Open Sunday, March 6th & 13th 2:00-4:30
Melissa Eizenberg, Marvin Gardens East Bay, 510.334.6420